Ainda durante o evento educacional em NY, a Apple disponibilizou a mais recente versão do iTunes trazendo o sincronismo de livros didáticos aos iPads com iBooks 2.
A versão 10.5.3 funciona em qualquer Mac a partir dos PowerMacs com processador G4 e Leopard. A versão para Mac OS X possui 107,1MB e está disponível tanto no site da Apple quanto no Software Update. Link direto: iTunes 10.5.3 para Mac
Veja as notas de versão:
What’s new in iTunes 10.5.3
iTunes 10.5.3 allows you to sync interactive iBooks textbooks to your iPad. These Multi-Touch textbooks are available for purchase from the iTunes Store on your Mac or from the iBookstore included with iBooks 2 on your iPad.
iBooks textbooks are created with iBooks Author — now available as a free download on the Mac App Store.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
iTunes 10.5.3 requirements
• Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5 or G4 processor and 512MB of RAM
• To play Standard Definition video from the iTunes Store, a 1.0GHz PowerPC G4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM is required.
• To play HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 1GB of RAM is required.
• Screen resolution of 1024×768 or greater; 1280×800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
• Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
• Apple combo drive or SuperDrive to create audio, MP3, or back-up CDs; some non-Apple CD-RW recorders may also work
• Apple SuperDrive to back up your library to DVDs; some non-Apple DVD-RW drives may also work
• Mac OS X version 10.5 or later
• Safari 4.0.3 or later
• 200MB of available disk space
• iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match availability may vary by country.
For more information
Using iTunes: Open iTunes and choose Help > iTunes Help. Type a question in the search field, or click “What is iTunes?” or a help topic.
Latest product news: See the iTunes website at www.itunes.com. For the latest information about iPod, see www.apple.com/ipod. For the latest information about iPhone, see www.apple.com/iphone. For the latest information about iPad, see www.apple.com/ipad. For the latest information about Apple TV, see www.apple.com/appletv.
iTunes Store billing questions: See www.apple.com/support/itunes/store.
Using your iPod with iTunes: Open iTunes and choose Help > iTunes Help or iPod User Guide, or see the documentation that came with your iPod.
Using your iPhone with iTunes: Open iTunes and choose Help > iTunes Help or iPhone User Guide, or see the documentation that came with your iPhone.
Using your iPad with iTunes: Open iTunes and choose Help > iTunes Help or iPad User Guide, or see the documentation that came with your iPad.
Using your Apple TV with iTunes: Open iTunes and choose Help > iTunes Help or Apple TV Setup Guide, see the documentation that came with your Apple TV, or see www.apple.com/support/appletv.
Additional help with iTunes, iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV: Open iTunes and choose Help > iTunes Help or Apple Service and Support.
A note about copyright
This software may be used to reproduce materials. It is licensed to you only for reproduction of non-copyrighted materials, materials for which you own the copyright, or materials you are authorized or legally permitted to reproduce. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, contact your legal advisor.
© 2012 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc. Other names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple in the U.S. and elsewhere. PowerPC is a trademark of International Business Machines Corporation, used under license therefrom. Intel is a trademark of Intel Corp. in the U.S. and other countries. See www.apple.com/legal/trademark/appletmlist.html for more information.
Updated January 13, 2012